Thursday, January 10, 2013

My next adventure.

Over this past year, I have had a lot of time to think, and I decided that I need to do something for me. I wanted to do something that CJ would be proud of, that he would cheer me on, and I know he will; he always did. I felt safe, now, I feel vulnerable. I need to find confidence in myself so that I can start my journey moving foreword, without CJ physically here with me. I have researched a lot of groups that do humanitarian work in Africa, and I decided to go with Mothers Without Borders, because I felt it was the best for my situation and I love working with children. I will be hands on in these orphanages with these beautiful children in a very humbling way; my eyes will be "opened". I also will be working with a lot of women who have lost their husbands, children, and family. I have so much more compassion for those who feel what I feel and I hope I can give them strength and gain in return. The group I am going with leaves June 17th and I will be gone for a month. I hope I can get lost in the work and somewhere along the way I can find me.

Thank you so much for your support. It really is so amazing all the support I have. No words can truly express how thankful I am for your help. I pray that this can help me. I have felt so stuck this past year and I hope this will allow me to start taking steps forward.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Keri -

    Found your blog thru NieNie and I've spent the entire afternoon & evening reading about you and your CJ's lives together.

    My heart goes out to you and your families - sounds like CJ was an absolute treasure and I'm so heartbroken he's no longer here on earth with you. You're both such great role models of what a loving marriage looks like.

    My prayers and virtual hugs to you xoxo

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keri I'm so proud of you!!! You are absolutely amazing and I am excited to see you experience Africa and the things you will learn. You have been on my mind and in my heart all day long and I just know the right things will happen for you. You are doing the right things and have stayed close to the Lord and your CJ through everything so far and I know they are both with you. Whenever I look through your pictures or read the sweet thoughts you post or your blog, I can only read so much. It hurts me to know that someone I love could hurt that way. Thank you for your honesty. Thank you for your strength. Thank you for showing me that even when it gets hard, you stay close to your Heavenly Father and your family. Thank you for not stopping and for putting one foot in front of the other every day. Marriage and family are eternal and my faith in this is strengthened by you. I look up to you and am so grateful for you in so many ways. I am so so so excited for you!! This will be great!!! I can't wait to see what your adventure brings and I would love to see you when you get back! Love you Keri Mae!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete